BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed something at the dealer the other day. Every single 3.0 Z3 comes with the M wheel..! I just checked bmwusa.com for the list of standard features and sure enough, it's listed. Have they always come standard on 3.0 Z3's? I guess I never looked or noticed before. Either way, I think that's crap and ought to be standard on all 3.0 cars that order the sport package. Or any model for that matter that is ordered with SP...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Chris330ci said:
I noticed something at the dealer the other day. Every single 3.0 Z3 comes with the M wheel..! I just checked bmwusa.com for the list of standard features and sure enough, it's listed. Have they always come standard on 3.0 Z3's? I guess I never looked or noticed before. Either way, I think that's crap and ought to be standard on all 3.0 cars that order the sport package. Or any model for that matter that is ordered with SP...
I think its std on all Z3 3.0i s...but they are the older type of M steering wheel, not the one on E46 M3s.

Attachments

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hold up fellas, the Z3's I saw did have the new M steering wheels. That's what caught my attention when I looked inside. I have been trying to decide whether or not to get one and that made me think I and all other 3.0 owners got shafted... :mad: :banghead:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Maybe its because of the Z3 phase-out, and they ran out of the old-style wheel. :dunno:

Didn't Jon at one time say to expect to see odd stuff as Z production ended?

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kaz said:
Maybe its because of the Z3 phase-out, and they ran out of the old-style wheel. :dunno:

Didn't Jon at one time say to expect to see odd stuff as Z production ended?
I bet that's it. I thought that maybe they ran out of the other wheels or are adding some upgrades since they need to unload Z3's asap.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
ALL Z3s have had the large 3 spoke steering wheel starting with the 2000 model year as a standard feature. Of course the M roadster in 98 and 99 and the M coupe in 99 had that wheel also (as well as the E36 M3 produced in 98 and 99).

This decision (bad IMO) was made by BMW AG and not by BMW NA. It actually caught BMW NA completely off guard.

·
2,457 Posts
Was just at the dealer today. There was a 530i SPP there with the current M3 steering wheel. I asked the sales person, nad he said it's standard on that model with the SP... Wonder why not on the 330i/Ci?

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
LarryN said:
Was just at the dealer today. There was a 530i SPP there with the current M3 steering wheel. I asked the sales person, nad he said it's standard on that model with the SP... Wonder why not on the 330i/Ci?
Maybe we'll be lucky and next year it will come with it :dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.