BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned out a set of aluminum bushings to replace the stock plastic ones that were causing my clutch pedal to creak like an old door from a 16th century castle. Seriously, every time I put the clutch in I though Vincent Price was going to materialize in the passenger seat.

If you don't have any problems with a sloppy or squeeking clutch then you're lucky. If you do I highly recomend picking up a set of clutch bushings from UUC or getting some for Ron S. (if he's still selling them not sure). If anyone is interested in aluminum bushings send me an email.

I made mine out of aluminum (6061T alloy) which is a slight departure from other replacement bushings i have seen that are either nylon or delrin or similar non-metal construction. I made the outside diameter a little oversized so that they fit very snug into the clutch arm and isolate the friction point between the steel rod the clutch swings on and the aluminum bushings.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

I took my car to the dealer today to get the bushings replaced as I was experiencing the notorious squeak when depressing my clutch pedal, however after replacing that and the pedal box they are saying the noise still remains. There are now saying that it is the rod which connects the clutch to the body work has come loose. Could someone shed some light on this for me, as I am not sure what they are talking about. They mentioned something about the welding/bracket.

Thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi there,

I took my car to the dealer today to get the bushings replaced as I was experiencing the notorious squeak when depressing my clutch pedal, however after replacing that and the pedal box they are saying the noise still remains. There are now saying that it is the rod which connects the clutch to the body work has come loose. Could someone shed some light on this for me, as I am not sure what they are talking about. They mentioned something about the welding/bracket.

Thanks
The OP has a Z3 and I've never heard of this in relation to a Z4. You don't list what kind of Z4 you have so I had to guess, but you might take a look at this: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BU52&mospid=49303&btnr=35_0186&hg=35&fg=05

·
Registered
54 Posts
This sounds like the same noise and probably the same bushings. I have a squeak also with my e39 540 6spd. But aren't the plastic ones supposed to be self lubricating and might the aluminum ones wear on the shaft?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.