BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver's seat in my '98 1.9 Z3 moves an inch or so forward and backward when accelerating or braking. Have found tracks on internet but costs a zillion bucks. Anyone out there been thru this and found a good site to buy these seat tracks?

·
Registered
293 Posts
you dont need new tracks. it is the bushing that are worn out. I replaced a friends with nylon bushings that i foudn form a guy here on this forum a while back. do a search and see if you can find him. The bushings werent that much and took me like an hour to put in. Afterwards there was no play. Great and easy fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Z3 seat track

Thanx for that.....you wouldn't believe what some of our local dealer's mechanics have suggested.....shoulda came here first! I'll see what/who I can find for those bushings. Was it a major or mighty chore replacing those bushings?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Search doug whalen seat bushing

you will find video's on Youtube lost of postings...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanx for that.....you wouldn't believe what some of our local dealer's mechanics have suggested.....shoulda came here first! I'll see what/who I can find for those bushings. Was it a major or mighty chore replacing those bushings?
I think the biggest number I've heard so far is $1,500.00 per seat, for new rails. :tsk:
Send me a PM or e-mail, if you'd like some of my bushings. I just finished machining another batch of 1,000 or so. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.