BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a set of 17" wheels for my Z3 roadster. I really like the Beyern Mesh Chrome wheels but can't seem to come up with consistent information on whether these will fit a Z3. The current wheels are 16" with a 46mm offset and 225/50 R16 tires. I would think that the Beyern mesh 17x8 5x120 wheel with an offset of 40 and 225/45 R17 would work. Does anyone know if these wheels will fit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly BK85. i realized this morning that i left out one of the more important measurements , the original wheel width. The stock width is 7" wide and the upsized wheel is 8" wide. The rims and tires caclulator, which is fantastic, shows the back space difference of 7mm comparing the two. The standard staggered setup is a 7.5 side front and an 8.5 wide rear. The Beyern 17" wheel only comes in an 8" width. So the rear wheel is not an issue. The primary concern is going with the 8" wide up front.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you go to "shop by car" on that web site, it recommends for the Beyern Mesh a 17x8 rim with a 40 backspace.

And the general recommendation for all wheels on the Z3 is, (634x225mm / 628x245mm). Bolt pattern: 5x120. Offset: 35 to 45 mm. Tires up to 654x245mm (front). Rims up to 19x9.0" (front).

Now I got some Bobert's off of craigs list with 225x55x16 Blizzaks and the front tires rubbed on the fender with tight turns and dips, but the offset was much greater than my stock rims, not less.

(can't remember of the top of my head what the offset was)

Any way to try out the fronts? Shops usually charge $10 to mount a tire.

BK85

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the detailed information. i had seen this information on the rims n tires site but was seeing what the prices were on ebay and they had a 'check' fitment app on the auctions and it came up that they did not fit the Z3. So the information i was getting was conflicting. I appreciate the responses and feel much more comfortable with moving forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts