BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a problem with my brake lights (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283526), and while the fuse was blown, I noticed that remotely unlocking the car would flash the brake lights. I don't think it had ever done that before, and after the problem was fixed, it doesn't.

Usually I can hear the door lock motors well enough to know the car is locked, but I was wondering if the lights are supposed to flash, or if this is a programmable option...

Thanks,
Heath

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
No, but Ron has a writeup on how to add it on unoffical bmw ron webpage.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Yeah, do Ron's write up. It worked for me 10 years ago.

·
Warning - Thin Air
1,795 Posts
Usually I can hear the door lock motors well enough to know the car is locked, but I was wondering if the lights are supposed to flash, or if this is a programmable option...
Flashing the light is not standard, but as was noted above, can be added. You can also toggle the horn to beep when arming/disarming by holding down both buttons on the remote for a few seconds.

·
Registered
178 Posts
When you do this mod, take pics. I'm a total electrical newbie. Even with Ron's awesome info, I wouldn't know how to hook up that relay. I need to see "solder this wire here" type instructions.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
When you do this mod, take pics. I'm a total electrical newbie. Even with Ron's awesome info, I wouldn't know how to hook up that relay. I need to see "solder this wire here" type instructions.
Pic 1 and 4 are not correct. Pic for showed the relay print and the relay wired with shrink.
Don't know what pic 1 is. Maybe glove box removal.

Probably screwed up when we did the watermark stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry, newbie question here. But did all 01 Z3M coupes come with keyless entry? I just bought one today and the previous owner didn't have it. Can I order it from the dealership?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry, newbie question here. But did all 01 Z3M coupes come with keyless entry? I just bought one today and the previous owner didn't have it. Can I order it from the dealership?
It was a dealer installed option. OEM keyless/alarm is no longer available from BMW. Individual dealerships may have stock. Circle BMW had one that I purchased a few weeks ago. Not sure if they have more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts