Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One less bell to answer
One less egg to fry
One less car to pick up after
I should be happy
But all I do is :cry:
You southern boys enjoy your cars and coffee.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine gets put away next weekend, cheer up, now you have something to look forward to
Spring!! and as an added benefit your car is lasting longer.

·
The Hankster
46 Posts
A tough life in the South..........

Sorry to see you put it up for the winter. Us southern folks paid for the right to drive them this winter though. In Central Texas, over 55 days of 100+ degree heat combined with 95% humidity! I say we earned the luxury of driving the Z3 this winter! :D

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sorry to see you put it up for the winter. Us southern folks paid for the right to drive them this winter though. In Central Texas, over 55 days of 100+ degree heat combined with 95% humidity! I say we earned the luxury of driving the Z3 this winter! :D
Some of us Yankees pop on snows tire (and wheels), and drive on. I agree with you that we paid for a car to be driven in the winter as well.

EB

·
Officially Weird
1,637 Posts
Winter? Had a nice 200-mile motorcycle ride yesterday, mid 70s and beautiful! Sucks about having less sunlight to play though :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
In SoCal we are definitely spoiled, yesterday clear sunny 80's , had a nice afternoon blast up a canyon , top down reminding myself why the M Roadster is soooo much fun.

·
Still Cruisin'
413 Posts
Mine went to bed two weeks ago. Currently sitting in my mother's garage with the cover on and the Battery Tender hooked up. I'll start it up off and on over the winter, even drive it on a very nice day, but for the most part it's gone until late March/early April.

Yeah, you can put snow tires and a hard top on it and drive on in winter, but between the low front air dam snowplowing the roads, and the salt all over the roads, if you want to keep this car very long, and keep it looking good, it isn't worth it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Even in Wyoming, I typically will have my Z3 out some in the Winter. Our roads stay pretty dry during much of our Winter. For those "other" days, it's the X3 that sees time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This is my first winter owning and storing my car, I'm almost 87.5% sure I will survive the winter without driving it. After four months or so without it I can only imagine the first day of fun in the Spring.. I imagine it will be like the first day I brought the car home.
I can say one thing for certain 100% sure, No way would I put snow tires on a 8,000 mile eight year old showroom condition car and drive it thru the snow, sand and salt. Just to say I bought the car to drive it. I have many other cars for that.

So I don't mine putting it away at all , it will be there in the Spring ready for another Summer of fun.
I kinda feel bad for the southern boys who won't experience that first day ride again, just the same old ride day in day out, that first ride feeling just a distant memory they can't seem to duplicate.:)

Oh yeah they tell you they get that feeling everyday, but is it the same as a 4-5 month break from driving?
All in good fun guys, we all love our cars no matter how we use them:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts