BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced the stock head unit with a Blaupunkt USB only receiver.
I swapped the rear support from the old to new but am now having problems with the alarm going off after 20/30 mins.
I looked but couldn't see the microswitch - all I have is a slightly oval hole in a bracket where the rear support goes and something tie-wrapped below. Can't see any wires for the switch - am I looking in the right place?

·
Warning - Thin Air
1,876 Posts
That is the correct location. I think the wires come to the switch from the right side. If you are not the first owner, it is possible that someone has made some mods to it. I'm not sure what the tie-wrap would be, but it could be a mod. If switch is closed (the finger from the radio is in the oval hole) or the connection to the switch is unplugged, the alarm won't go off. Is it possible that the new radio is shorter than the stock and the finger is allowing the switch to open at times?

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
I've replaced the stock head unit with a Blaupunkt USB only receiver.
I swapped the rear support from the old to new but am now having problems with the alarm going off after 20/30 mins.
I looked but couldn't see the microswitch - all I have is a slightly oval hole in a bracket where the rear support goes and something tie-wrapped below. Can't see any wires for the switch - am I looking in the right place?
This is on the LHD car.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help guys. I'd managed to dislodge the connector from the switch and it had disappeared into the depths of the centre console. A couple of minutes fishing around to grab and re-connect it and we're done. Thanks again. Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.