BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers door top speaker grill was dented in from someone (while in the shop) but I didnt notice until recently (2 months later so I couldnt prove.) I ordered a replacement which the service manual says is clipped on and comes off with plastic pry bar. Much to my dismay there is a screw at the front of the grill which is only accessed by taking off the entire top door panel. Trying to figure out a way not to have to do this. Anyone have any ideas???

·
Registered
191 Posts
My drivers door top speaker grill was dented in from someone (while in the shop) but I didnt notice until recently (2 months later so I couldnt prove.) I ordered a replacement which the service manual says is clipped on and comes off with plastic pry bar. Much to my dismay there is a screw at the front of the grill which is only accessed by taking off the entire top door panel. Trying to figure out a way not to have to do this. Anyone have any ideas???
If you didn't notice until two months later, how do you know it happened in the shop?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
petdok

Thanks for the help EOD Guy. I appreciate the advice. I was afraid I might have to take off the panel.

·
DO IT YOURSELF.
1,297 Posts
There is a small plastic panel on the back side that pops off, but you can't get any tools in there because of the fixed window. You'll need to take the whole panel off. Do yourself a huge favor and invest in a proper set of panel tools. It will save you a LOT of trouble and prevent unnecessary damage to the panel or door. They are also great for other jobs around the interior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts