BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i. "the entire Z4 line up will cease production 9/08, and it's likely that the M models will stop a little earlier, probably 8/08".

ii. At some point, Andy and I want to discuss with all of you the future of the Z-series board at Bimmerfest. Should we all stay together (Z3, Z4, Z2, Zx, etc.) or should we have US-made Z-series and German-made Z-series boards? We can do a poll, but I would rather have opinions from contributing members instead of anonymous click-and-run folks.

·
S54=Living on the Edge
1,496 Posts
I think we should have a common Z board. I cannot speak for others, but it def helps me know more about Z3s as well as the history of shared information (S52, S54 etc.).

One thing you can enforce (if at all possible) is to make the "Post New Topic" require a user to select a model for model-specific topics.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think we should have a common Z board. I cannot speak for others, but it def helps me know more about Z3s as well as the history of shared information (S52, S54 etc.).

One thing you can enforce (if at all possible) is to make the "Post New Topic" require a user to select a model for model-specific topics.
+1 since we have the Z3 and the Z4 together....might as well as keep it all together

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
i. "the entire Z4 line up will cease production 9/08, and it's likely that the M models will stop a little earlier, probably 8/08".

ii. At some point, Andy and I want to discuss with all of you the future of the Z-series board at Bimmerfest. Should we all stay together (Z3, Z4, Z2, Zx, etc.) or should we have US-made Z-series and German-made Z-series boards? We can do a poll, but I would rather have opinions from contributing members instead of anonymous click-and-run folks.
Keep it together.

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
Keep it together.
Agreed, Alot of us have less time noadays to post and pretty much all the mods have been documented here that can be done(z3) but I think breaking them up will spread the info to thin and many of the Z3 owners are now Z4 owners and so on so not only for a content based reason but kinda of a "keeping the family together" reason as well.

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Keep it all one

·
Registered
370 Posts
It would be nice to keep it all as one...

Would there be anyway to have a check box to tick off Z4, Z3 while posting? That would make it easy to track since not everyone uses the model in their titles. No idea how much work something like this would take.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
I say keep it all in one big happy family. If people can exercise some discipline in their thread titles by adding e-code or model information, then searching for model specific content is made simple.

(and posting a poll once the new model starts getting some forum attention wouldn't hurt either)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm for keeping the Z's together.

·
Calvinball Professional
1,104 Posts
I would suggest separating out regular Z versus MZ. Include the new Zn in the Z3-Z4 section and eventually the MZn would go in the MZ3-MZ4 section.

I wouldn't try to go through the old posts, but instead archive the old section off (don't allow new posts if possible) and start fresh with the new sections.

The problem now is searching the forum on fairly common topics brings up tons of irrelevant stuff, negating the value of the search. Lock the current Z section for new posts would prevent searching on it from getting any worse, and we can start posting crap in two new areas. :angel:

Separating them out would slightly raise the potential for Ad clicks I would think.:thumbup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would not mind seeing them split for my viewing, but then again, I think I read more posts by the Z3 folk than the Z4 folk....

1 - 20 of 93 Posts