BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I managed to blow the cigarette lighter fuse in my 2006 Z4 the other day. There's no indication in the fuse box as to which it is. Can anyone help, please?

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
Coincidentally, the same thing happened to me about a week ago when I was testing out a new cigarette-lighter-powered air pump that I purchased after converting to non-RFT's. It's a blue 15amp fuse in space #5 I think. There should be a white fuse guide to the left of the fuse panel that lists which all of the systems the individual fuses correspond to. I think it's #5, but I'd verify that for yourself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My accessory (lighter) plug has no power also, where is this blue 15amp fuse space #5 located?
Fuse box is behind the glove compartment, there should be a card in there showing fuse positions. Once open, you can unlatch the rear portion of the glove compartment and it will swing downward on another set of hinges, exposing the fuse box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 bmw z$

Many Thanks. It is fuse #5, a 15 amp fuse. I replaced it and now its working again. The diagram was missing from the fusebox. It sure would be great if BMW would put the diagram in the owner's manual too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts