11,141 Posts
Z4 Fuel Pump Bulletin

SI B 16 02 06 October 2006

01/10/06 up 09/08/06

Z4 M roadster LE89047 - LE89999
----------------LY52002 - LY52816

Z4 M coupe LL93008 - LL93334

Wiring harness may have been pinched.

Reroute away where it's pinched with tape.

·
Calvinball Professional
1,104 Posts
Link to installation of Duralast Platinum H6-AGM battery in place of stock BMW 61 21 7 553 951 in 2007 M Roadster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
New member here. Good thread lots of good info.

Are the manufacture numbers correct in post #22? Those numbers seem very low to me.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Z4 headlight polishing

Hi all,

Since the headlights are off the car now, decided to get rid of the extremely annoying "milky" look. Although it was nothing to worry about, it drove me nuts. Not very well seen on the picture, though:

So I started with sandpaper grit 600:

Then grit 1200:

And, finally, grit 2000. Not sure it was absolutely necessary since I could see no difference between 1200 and 2000 but I did it nevertheless. After grit 2000, used an alumina-based commercial polishing product :

After polishing, used the wax from the kit:

And the final result:

You should count not less than 10 minutes per grit. I worked by hand, maybe if you use a vibro-polisher it would take way les time. After every grit, wipe carefully the surface and check for deep scratches left from the previous stages. Remove them by further sanding. Remember: sanding is the most critical stage! Failing to do it properly will result in visible scratches even after polishing, so be meticulous!
For polishing I used a general-purpose drill with variable rpms. This stage takes a bit more than 2-3 minutes and is very easy, there are very few things that can go wrong there.
If you have deep scratches on your headlights, start from grit 240 or so and continue the same way as described.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Attached are the (v3) install instructions from the motion sensor alarm 65 73 0 309 944, have fun!

Just installed the alarm retrofit kit (without interior protection).
Part # 65 73 0 302 424 $112r
Initially wasn't going to add it, but an experience in VA on the way to HC changed my mind.

Basically a under hood switch and a siren with built in tilt sensor.
The siren assembly gets installed underneath the car between the two mufflers.
Instructions say you have to remove the rear bumper cover to do that.
Having the car apart before, that didn't make sense.
Turns out that you just have to remove (8 screws and 2 plastic nuts) the black bottom diffuser
plastic piece cover which gives you the same access that removing the bumper does.

Non M part:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
Ship Killer's top motor replacement guides, guide on replacing the lift cylinders, and my DIY on relocating the pump motor to the trunk..........

Attachments

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
**Z4** How-tos (post links here)

Hi I have a BMW 2004 Z4 3.0 liter and I'm looking for the amplifier part number. My dealership is looking for $1200.00 and I'm trying to beat the price?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
See if your dealership accepts BMWCCA discounts. 20% off that price!

So net about $960.

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
Hi I have a BMW 2004 Z4 3.0 liter and I'm looking for the amplifier part number. My dealership is looking for $1200.00 and I'm trying to beat the price?

Look up part number on realoem.com or bmwfans.info and google search. BMW of South Atlanta looks like they'll sell it on line for $1K.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
All,

This thread is NOT for questions. This thread is to post DIY or How-To's. If you have a question about your car, please start a new thread. Do NOT post your question here. Your post will be deleted in the interest of keeping this thread on topic.

If you have a question about a DIY posted here, feel free to ask away here or int he original thread.

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
I've essentially done a "rebuild" on the soft top on my car and here are the DIYs I've created as part of that work. I also relocated the pump to the trunk while I was doing this.

DIYs created:

Relocate pump motor to the trunk - Status: Posted
Replace your lift cylinders - Status - Posted
Replace your top canvas and headliner - Status - Under Construction

Attachments

101 - 120 of 142 Posts