BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Since I haven't found any post relating to this topic, I would like to ask if any of you had any problems with the amplifier found in the E89. I drive a 2012 28i with the HIFI-Loudspeaker System (11 speaker setup). The sound is fine at first, but when I turn the volume up the two bass speaker behind the seats just began to sound awful. The speakers are not damaged, and a guy told me that its the amplifier what causes to reach a point where it just tops out.
Did any of you had a problem like this? I mean this is a 800€ (or $1000) system, it should not do that. :dunno:

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! Did you turned it all the way up? Just asking because I love loud music with a lot of bass. And what happened to yours? Is it the same as to mine, that the bass speakers behind the seats just had this terrible noise or I dont know how to describe that?!

· Registered
58 Posts
I had it cranking, but not all the way up. It was playing and just stopped. Dealer replaced the amp and it's all good now. Now I am hesitant to turn it up too loud for fear the amp may fry again.
If it fries, take it back. I believe replacement parts come with their own warranty. I think it's a year, but ask the question with your dealer. That was the policy for BMW motorcycle parts that the dealership told me for genuine BMW replacement parts - not sure about the cars though.

HP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.