BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
I think you misunderstood. My manual says the power fold manual switch should be there, but it isn't...and I've yet to get a good explanation as to why it isn't.
Trust me....it's not an option I would have paid money for! I would never park my car so close to something that I need to fold the mirrors up.....I value my paint way more than that. In Canada it is packaged as part of the "Premium Package" as we don't get alot of choices other than colors. I think the electric folding mirror is also available in Europe too.

Let me ask you American guys something, do your mirrors fold up by hand if you need to fold them?

Thanks.

Later, Kasper.

· Forever Fast
226 Posts
They unfold themselves....? Really?

Let me ask you American guys something, do your mirrors fold up by hand if you need to fold them?
Yeah, I'd like to know that too.

I paid for the option here in Australia. Actually it was the ONLY option for the M's, other than colours and dash of course. The dealer asked if I wanted electric mirrors and I laughed and said "What... they defog themselves, no way." He replied "Nah man... watch this", took me to some 3-series, and demonstrated what the button actually does. My jaw dropped.... "I want that!"

I have only used it twice (in about 7 months). But damn does it look good! :thumbup: Maybe not $800 AUD worth (or was it $400… can't remember), but what the hell.

Want video for the fun of it? I could be persuaded.

Ron, I didn't know they unfold automatically (really should RTFM). Thanks, I'll try it.

· Calvinball Professional
1,107 Posts
I would never park my car so close to something that I need to fold the mirrors up.....I value my paint way more than that.
The voice of reason speaks.

· Registered
937 Posts
For you Canada guys with fold-in mirrors.

When folded in, at what vehicle speed do they go back to normal?
Ron, mine don't auto return at all.
The stay folded until I hit the button.

I use the mirror fold feature quite a bit.
I find people walk around the car even when I park away from everyone.
I also wash the car with them folded.
It lets the water drain out.

· Registered
10,634 Posts
It would be a nice feature to have. It's recommendend that mirrors be folded in for car washes. Most useful would be to avoid parking lot incidents. I've been sitting in my car and had people bump the mirrors with their carts or bodies.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.