BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I recently bought a Z4 2003 2.5 with 111km on the clock. The fuel pump and dashboard didnt register the fuel consumption that was being used, so the resolutioncar got stuck without petril although the dash said there was a half tank left. Dealer sent it to a mechanic to fix in March, 11 days later it came back with the advice that the pump internally was replaced and calibrated, but I should monitor the fuel gauge and not let the tank go below half. In June the car started to loose power, took it to another mechanic who confirmed the alternator and again fuel pump code was coming up on diagnostics, with alternator not charging engine. I serviced the car and alternator wiring checked at another mechanic - no problems there. Car came back and still loosing power this time with battery light flaring up (batter was replaced before I bought it so not a battery issue). Eventually car died completely. Dealer sent it back to fuel pump mechanic, been there since June. They say mechanic has filled tank, fixed, calibrated, drained fuel and repeated. Again internal pump replaced and now they ordering external pump. That was two weeks ago, still no resolution. Thats not even taking into account the reason why the car is loosing power, which they havent got to as yet as the car is with the fuel pump guy.

Any advice please? Should I just return this car given the now almost 6 weeks fuel pump work that hasnt been fixed with no mention of the alternator issues.

·
Registered
803 Posts
You actually have an option to return a 13 year old car used car to the dealer you purchased it from? If so, I would.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts