BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Z4 Hot Seat

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  cruisingdog 
#1 ·
New 04 Z4 owner. The heated seat on the driver side nearly cooks my ass even on the lowest setting. Anyone with info or recommendations please share.

Thanks,

Brian

#2 ·
Umm... Only use it when it's really cold, and only while the heating is warming up perhaps... ;-)

Women seem to like it more than guys I find. Maybe cause they got a little more padding back there.

#3 ·
Women seem to like it more than guys I find. Maybe cause they got a little more padding back there.
I'm glad I didn't put that in writing... :angel:

#4 ·
Haven't had an issue with my Z, but actually burned a hole right through my leather seat on my 01-525. Size of the hole was about the size of a nickel, and actually burned a hole in my jacket. Called BMW North America, which in turn called my local BMW dealer and they said they would pay $500 of the estimated $1000 to replace the seat. They can't replace the element, have to replace the entire seat. BMW did have a recall on a certain model and year, but I can't remember the entire details of the recall. I'm sure it was a 5 series, but can't remember the year. Sounds like an engineering issue with the heating element. Regretably I haven't used my bun warmer since. My wife still enjoys her side of the car.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.