BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not lurked here in quite awhile, so if this is easily answered by searching, forgive me.

Question: is there any info/rumors/mess-deck intelligence that the Z4-M will show up with either Step xmission or SMG in its next model year?

[I love stick, have one now ('04 ZHP). But wife and I have made a deal. I get to pick out the cars we drive ... and she gets to decide on their transmissions. It's not that she can't drive a manual. Worse. She can, but refuses ('shift with my toe la de da'). Actually, is not such a bad situation with recent advances in the Step transmission, which is some fine engineering and mighty competitive with stick, esp. without a testosterone haze clouding the matter. Thus am more than content to pick up next month in Spartanburg our new 550i with Step now inbound from the mother country, replacement for her Jag.]

So am greatly interested in Z4-M, but will need an automatic when my ZHP comes off lease next year. Any chance one will be available? Tks.

·
10,856 Posts
You need to put your wife in her place.

·
hardtop potentate
479 Posts
The M roadsters and coupes have never come in automatic. 3.0 is the most powerful engine you can get with AT. Not that it couldn't change, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Damn, that sucks. Maybe you should let her pick the cars and let you pick the transmissions.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
what's the problem??

you pick the M roadster or coupe,

then she picks the tranny, which will be easy as there is no choice to be made

it's her rule and she needs to abide by it

·
Registered
793 Posts
whiskey.org said:
what's the problem??