BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Any ride will do
17,472 Posts
Nice article; it's good to read a review that's excited and looking towards the future. I started as a doubter, but the more I hear about the Z4, the more I like it.

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
atyclb said:

until you hear about the price tag :eek: :eek: :eek:
Amen to that. Do you think the plan is to put some market distance between the Z4 and the Z2? Spartanburg is lean enough that they will not have to sell huge numbers of Z4s in order to make money.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Is BMW even considering building a Z2? I haven't heard much, if anything, on the car in quite some time, and there haven't been any reports of BMW altering Spartunburg to accomidate a 3rd model. I thought it was one of the projects that was stillborn.

To avoid overlap with the Z4, the Z2 would need a price tag in middle-$20s. I have a hard time picturing BMW doing that.

With the MINI, upcoming 1-/2-Series, and Euro-market only E46 Compact, I don't know how many cars BMW is going to market to the <$30,000 market. Although it is GOOD to see them building attainible cars. I'm holding my breath for the 1-/2-series....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.