BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so recently when I go to unlock my car, the drivers door unlocks fine, however the passenger door stays locked.

If i try to lock and unlock again, after a couple of trys the passenger door will open.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hit the keyless entry button two times to have both doors unlock. The car can be programmed to have both doors unlock on one press, or to have only the driver side on the first press and the passenger side on the second. That's how mine is set.

EB

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies guys, however it has only just started doing this. Before, they both opened with just one press.

Im sure I read something before that it may be something to do with the battery in the key which needs charging whilst you drive? Is that right or anything to do with it?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If it used to work, but now requires two unlock presses, your car somehow lost its option programming. Unlocking both doors with one press is a dealer-programmed option, and it appears you're back to the factory defaults. You haven't disconnected your battery recently have you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts