BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
But when is the OFFICIAL picture out?!

:lmao:

Well, I'm about 2 years away from paying off the Ci...That should give Spartansburg ample time to fix some of the major bugs that plague first year production cars...And hopefully the electro-mechanical valve engine rumor to go into the 1 series will be introduced as well.

I'd take a Z4 2.0, 6 speed with 3 pedals please. :)

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Am I the ONLY person that thinks this is a nicely designed car?

And is TD going to accuse me of being blind as a bat again? :D

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
I have said before i like it, and i really do, but man is it just me, or are the creases a little too creased on the side, and i really would preferr a grill that looked more BMW, and less Pontiac. But i like it over all. The 3.0 SMG would be a fun car.

G

·
nate328Ci said:

It is OK, I would rather have it than a Z3....
I would argue that it's better looking than the Z3. But, then again, I always thought the Z3 was hideous. Prior to the E65 coming out, IMO, the Z3 was easily the ugliest BMW ever.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TD said:

I would argue that it's better looking than the Z3. But, then again, I always thought the Z3 was hideous. Prior to the E65 coming out, IMO, the Z3 was easily the ugliest BMW ever.
So, you give this car a :thumbup: ?

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Well this is definately better than any previous z3 model. So i suppose technically speaking, BMW has made an excellent improvement. or "Step in the right direction". I love the design. But im so curious, as to how the exaggerated creases and grill got ok'd. I think it is just me, but I would give it an overall :thumbup: when compared to other z3 especially

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
TD said:
Did you read those two articles in June Roundel on the CS1 concept? There was a lot of hint that the Roundel editors think Chris Bangle does have a master plan with the X coupe, the Z9, and the CS1...Push the envelope so FAR out that people won't mind the little quirks in the actual production car.

And I think it's working. If the X coupe and the Z9 wasn't shown to the public, I think there'd be a lot of people decrying the end of BMW as they know it. The front end is a basic re-hash of the Z9 GT and the side is pretty much the same as the X coupe. If I didn't see those two cars first I'm not so sure I'd like the new Z4 either.

G

·
nate328Ci said:

So, you give this car a :thumbup: ?
No.

It's no uglier than it's predecessor, IMO and far better than the spy shots led us to believe.

It's still way too big and fat and the nose and "Z" lines on the side are both ugly and silly. But, oh how much worse it could have been.

I'm not in the market, so, like the E65, I really don't care expect from the perspective of BMW's design direction. And I certainly would not call this an encouraging sign except to suggest that, maybe, the board had a role in toning down what might have been a truly hideous deisgn.

G

·
The HACK said:

Did you read those two articles in June Roundel on the CS1 concept? There was a lot of hint that the Roundel editors think Chris Bangle does have a master plan with the X coupe, the Z9, and the CS1...Push the envelope so FAR out that people won't mind the little quirks in the actual production car.

And I think it's working. If the X coupe and the Z9 wasn't shown to the public, I think there'd be a lot of people decrying the end of BMW as they know it. The front end is a basic re-hash of the Z9 GT and the side is pretty much the same as the X coupe. If I didn't see those two cars first I'm not so sure I'd like the new Z4 either.
That's exactly what I was referring to. Sadly, I think it's working.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TD said:

No.

It's no uglier than it's predecessor, IMO and far better than the spy shots led us to believe.

It's still way too big and fat and the nose and "Z" lines on the side are both ugly and silly. But, oh how much worse it could have been.
You just said a few posts above " would argue that it's better looking than the Z3." :dunno:

Yea, it is about 100lbs more than the Z3, but a much larger car everwhere, good, IMO. Besides, a smaller roadster will be intoduced shortly, right?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
HACK -

Check this one out (pic published by JP a few days ago):

Looks even better, doesn't it? :thumbup:

Edit:

Although I don't see ///M badges anywhere (except for the wheels maybe), is this the MZ4?!? :dunno:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Yeah, that Zorro action is really cheesy. And in the above pic the headlights make it look like its crying.

Overall, coming from the Bangle Mangle Werkes, its not that bad.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I like the wheels... front looks a lil better than the spy pics, but I still don't think I'll like it in person...hope I'm wrong. The side actually looks allright to me, but the "Z" is kinda stupid...was it intentional?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts