BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Z4 3.0 Replacing runflats. Currently 225 45 17's. Will 235 45 17's be OK? Only had the Z4 for 2 months,great car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I replaced the OEM 225/45x17 with 235/45x17 on my 06 Roadster. They fit fine. I wanted a slightly wider tire for the rim. The OEM tires were barely wider then the rims, 8x17, but the 235's are perfect, for me, being just a little wider. They are also slightly taller, but that makes my Speedo almost dead on for accuracy, with the odo about 1% short on mileage. I am running Continental ContiSportContact 3 Runflat tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going with the 235's but no runflats for me. We're a little older and while the OEM runflats handle well, the ride is just a little too harsh. We've got AAA to help if we get a flat plus I carry a small compressor for slow leaks.

·
Navigator
113 Posts
I have 235 18's on my sport model no reason you can't go to 235's & no run flats for me when replacement time comes
I'm gonna carry a can of fix o flat & a compressor, along with the insurance roadside assistance that I have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a different subject, when the air temp reaches 3.0 degrees centigrade ( about 37 degrees F.) we get an electronic beep and the temperature flashes for about 3-4 seconds. Is this some sort of warning that the temp. is approaching freezing?

·
Registered
942 Posts
^^^ yes, and also if you have summer tires on they are not quite as effective when encountering these temps. i lower my cornering speeds accordingly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts