BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

There is a whining noise seems to be coming under the car when I floor the gas (or the half way pressed down). When driving daily and soft there is no whine. I am worried about the transmission.. I hope it is not that :( The noise changes frequency with rpm in each gear, so I suppose it is not the differential.

I recently replaced the belts but the pulleys, water pump and alternator seems to be old.. (I don't know when the previous owner changed it) But it doesn't sound like its coming from the engine.

Here is a youtube link:

Thank you for your help...

PS: The airbag light is on because of the passenger seat occupancy sensor :eeps:

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the pitch of the sound changes with engine rpm when accelerating (and gears going up). It does not constantly go higher. Thats why I suspected the tranny instead of the differential. Do you think that an old oil could cause this? I have no idea when the previous owner replaced it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.