BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BruceJ
122 Posts
cool.....i actually got one too, i just want to know other peoples reaction with it
Pers pref, but I never cared for the windblox. I like the one from Roadster solutions but was cheap so I made my owm. Z4 forum and Zpost have some great DIYs on making them. Do a search for windscreen.

·
Have Fun... Life is short
82 Posts
Bruce,

I haven't put it on yet. I hope I like it. It looks very well made but I don't know how the straps are going to look. If I don't like the straps, I'll modify it to bolt into the roll bar. Maybe with stainless steel knurled head screws. :dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it really looks cool and high quality specially the glass part if the windrestrictor and the bars that hold it looks cool as well. Tonight i'll put the whole thing together and ill post the pic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got the after market one.. its wind restrictor...check the website....i installed it last nite and it looks really cool! coz it illuminates with different colors but not too bright

·
Doing the best I can
1,123 Posts
I installed the one from Roadster Solutions about a month ago. Excellent quality. Easy installation. Works great. I wanted one that was easliy removeable otherwise its too hard to clean the inside of the rear window.

·
Petrolhead
340 Posts
I've had the windscreen from roadster solutions for three years and it is awesome, but my lease is up and I'm selling it along with a few freebies. Check out this post.

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
i got the after market one.. its wind restrictor...check the website....i installed it last nite and it looks really cool! coz it illuminates with different colors but not too bright
What happened to the pictures?

I installed the factory mesh one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Either of the two OEM mesh screens function the best, period.
IMO they also look better, either of them, but that's a matter of opinion.

Ed if you were selling one of those I'd be all over it like white on rice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vibration differnece

I've read on the blogs about NO vibration noise coming from the Windblocker from Roadster Solutions and BavAuto. Does anyone have any feed back on vibrations coming from this Wind Resrictor model? The way that it camps onto the roll-hoops makes me think it could produce vibrations?

·
Petrolhead
340 Posts
I had it in for three years and I didn't have any vibrations, nor have I ever heard of any problems with vibrations with the roadster solutions model. As long as you install it correctly and tightly, you should be fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts