BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 M coupe and when i acclerate hard in 1st gear i get a vibration like the transmission is touching the chasse but only for a sec and its in between 4500 and 5000 Rpms and the same thing in 2nd gear at 2000 to 2500. But doesnt do it in any other gear and only when you accelerate hard. I took it to the dealer and on motor mount bolt was missing they replaced them all with the new grade 10 bolts but still doing it. I took it in today they are suppose to look at it again. I was jsut curious if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it. It almost feels like the Drive shaft is hitting for a brief moment. Thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
Wow...an '08 with motor mount problem? Now I'm worried...Thought they corrected the motor mount problem late '07 :dunno:

How about the obvious. Did the dealer checked the transmission mounts? How about differential?

·
Rad Racer World Champion
549 Posts
Sounds really silly but check that the gear shift knob is on tightly (push down firmly on it). I was really flabbergasted by some kind of vibration noise and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Eventually I figured out it was coming from the knob.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sounds really silly but check that the gear shift knob is on tightly (push down firmly on it). I was really flabbergasted by some kind of vibration noise and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Eventually I figured out it was coming from the knob.
+1 and if you have a ring with a stone it make sure the stone isn't loose. I had the exact same kind of vibration that I realized was only occuring when my hand was on the shifter which led me to a loose stone in my ring.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to take it back to the dealer next week. They did check the transmission mounts and i am not sure about the diff but when it vibrates it almost sounds like something is hitting the chassey right next to my knee where the gear shifter is. i think the tranny mount is giving under pressure and needs repalcing or bolts maybe loose or stretched but i m not sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.