BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So far I have been able to obtain the production date of six Z4MCs with loose or failed engine mount bolts. All were from October, November or December 2006. If you had or discover a problem with loose or broken engine mount bolts on your Z4M, please post the production date (and/or serial number) of your car here. Eventually this information may be helpful to someone like the individual who had to pay $800 to repair broken engine mount bolts when his warranty claim was refused.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I take it the individual was yourself? :yikes:

I had mine replaced under warranty earlier this year. It was done under the TSB, although I didn't have the misfortune of the bolts failing.

10/06 build date.

You should contact BMWUSA for assistance. It's BS for the stealership to decline the warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi car62. I just discovered engine mount bolt failure today after trying unsuccessfully for a month to find the source of the typical noise (knock when going over a dip) in the suspension. My VIN is WBSBT92060LD39678. Build date 18 Sept 06. Can you update the forum on how many other reports you have had?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hi car62. I just discovered engine mount bolt failure today after trying unsuccessfully for a month to find the source of the typical noise (knock when going over a dip) in the suspension. My VIN is WBSBT92060LD39678. Build date 18 Sept 06. Can you update the forum on how many other reports you have had?
You do realize the OP is 8 years old, right :yikes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts