BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Has anyone tried to fit the rear Z4M wheels on the front of their car? I'd like to run the same size all the way around so I can rotate tires, and Id rather have the wider rims. I figure maybe a spacer would be required, or rolling the fenders or both.

I suppose I could run all front rims with spacers on the back, but I believe the widest I can go is a 245 (does anyone know for sure?)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hello all,
Has anyone tried to fit the rear Z4M wheels on the front of their car? I'd like to run the same size all the way around so I can rotate tires, and Id rather have the wider rims. I figure maybe a spacer would be required, or rolling the fenders or both.

I suppose I could run all front rims with spacers on the back, but I believe the widest I can go is a 245 (does anyone know for sure?)

Thanks
They will stick out about 37mm more than the standard front wheels, so they will definitely rub. 8" or 8.5" wheels with 40mm offset all around and 20mm spacers for the rear will work and leave the face of the wheels close to stock position. The maximum wheel width for a 225/45-18 tyre on a Z4M is 8", but 235mm wide tyres will fit 8" or 8.5" rims. A 9" wide rim may fit on the front, but it is a bit wide for a 225 or 235mm wide tyre, A 245/40-18 tyre could work but the offset of the wheel may need to be fine tuned to prevent rubbing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I can't remember the stock Z4 M Coupe tire specs, but I'm running 18x8.5 BBS RS-GTs on the front with 245 rubber, no rubbing or fitment issues. If you want, I can get exact specs (offset, etc) for you tomorrow.

·
S54=Living on the Edge
1,496 Posts
I believe stock is 18x8 with 225/45 in the front and 18x9 with 255/40 in the back. I don't remember offsets off the top of my head though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts