BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're having a torrential rain storm out here in Texas. I pulled into my garage and saw a field of beaded rain. This zaino is great stuff. I felt obligated to take a few pictures and post them up here. I know it's silly - but what the hey.

Attachments

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
SONET said:
Good stuff. :thumbup:
Yup, it is really incredible. I put a new coat of Zaino on last year around this time, drove 8000+ miles out to Bimmerfest and back, didn't apply any more Zaino, washed the car for the NYBMWCCA show, and won 2nd place. This spring I'll probably be stripping it all off to get rid of some swirls and touch up some rock chips, and then put 3 new layers of Zaino on.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Mine lasted amazingly well over the winter months when all I could do was spray wash. Still beads like a champ on the hood. It's finally spring here so dawn,clay, and new coats this weekend. :D

·
Padawan
1,430 Posts
I last applied Zaino in August last year. After almost 8 months, it's still as slick and glossy as the day I applied it. I love the gloss enhancer spray also, I use that stuff all the time. I can't wait to try the new stuff: Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal. I assume you all got the email? :)

--J.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
JonathanIT said:
I last applied Zaino in August last year. After almost 8 months, it's still as slick and glossy as the day I applied it. I love the gloss enhancer spray also, I use that stuff all the time. I can't wait to try the new stuff: Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal. I assume you all got the email? :)

--J.
Email? Nope didn't get one. I will have to get some though.

:eeps:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did not know about Zanio's new product either. I just ordered it and can't wait to try it. I am very impressed with the product!

Mike

·
Uber Olive Brain
169 Posts
icemanjs4 said:
We're having a torrential rain storm out here in Texas. I pulled into my garage and saw a field of beaded rain. This zaino is great stuff. I felt obligated to take a few pictures and post them up here. I know it's silly - but what the hey.
Looks great! :thumbup:

BTW, Klass AIO/SG does that too! :thumbup: :thumbup: :p

·
Padawan
1,430 Posts
niktee said:
Can Zaino polishes be applied with PC?
PC? :dunno:

--J.

·
Registered
179 Posts
niktee said:
Can Zaino polishes be applied with PC?
Absolutely. In fact, I never apply Z by hand anymore. However, I think more Z users prefer applying it by hand.

Personally, I like to apply by PC using a finishing pad and remove the product using an MF bonnet over an orange compounding pad. That's followed by a final quick touch-up by hand to remove any remaining residue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Intermezzo said:
Absolutely. In fact, I never apply Z by hand anymore. However, I think more Z users prefer applying it by hand.

Personally, I like to apply by PC using a finishing pad and remove the product using an MF bonnet over an orange compounding pad. That's followed by a final quick touch-up by hand to remove any remaining residue.
Hey, Intermezzo...I know you!

I thought that DetailKing always did it by hand and used the PC for prep. Or is my memory failing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts