BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a purchase of Zaino products. I would like to see how they compare to my old staple, Meguiar's.

I am ordering Z-1, Z-2, the gloss enhancer spray, the tire protectant, and a clay bar.

Looking over the order form, I found an item called Flash Cure Accelerator Additive. Has anyone ordered this?

If so, it is worth it?

Does this product allow you to apply the "Polish Lok" immediately after/before the polish?

Thanks for the help.

20,210 Posts
Schnitzer said:
I am considering a purchase of Zaino products. I would like to see how they compare to my old staple, Meguiar's.

I am ordering Z-1, Z-2, the gloss enhancer spray, the tire protectant, and a clay bar.

Looking over the order form, I found an item called Flash Cure Accelerator Additive. Has anyone ordered this?

If so, it is worth it?

Does this product allow you to apply the "Polish Lok" immediately after/before the polish?

Thanks for the help.
The Flash Cure Additive (ZFX) replaces the Polish Lok (Z1)

I would definitely recommend ZFX, so you can skip the Z1.

EDIT:

I would also recommend AGAINST the tire protectant. I use eagle one tire cleaner followed by Meguiar's Endurance Gel, and the results are great. (I tried the Zaino and didn't like the tire stuff at all)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Schnitzer said:

If so, it is worth it?

The accelerator allows you to add multiple coats of Z2 or Z5 shortly after applying the first coat. This is helpful if want to apply multiple coats, one right after another, but does nothing for you if you're only applying a single coat at a time.

ZFX doesn't make Z1 dry any faster. I find Z1 drys within 30 minutes anyway, so it's no big deal.

I just sent in my second Zaino order yesterday and didn't feel compelled to order ZFX. When I do multiple coats, I usually do it over successive weekends.

If you stick with Zaino, I suggest you order a second bottle of gloss enhancer spray. This stuff goes fast.

--gary:thumb:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Re: Re: Zaino Products

Nat Brown said:
The accelerator allows you to add multiple coats of Z2 or Z5 shortly after applying the first coat. This is helpful if want to apply multiple coats, one right after another, but does nothing for you if you're only applying a single coat at a time.

ZFX doesn't make Z1 dry any faster. I find Z1 drys within 30 minutes anyway, so it's no big deal.

I just sent in my second Zaino order yesterday and didn't feel compelled to order ZFX. When I do multiple coats, I usually do it over successive weekends.

If you stick with Zaino, I suggest you order a second bottle of gloss enhancer spray. This stuff goes fast.

--gary:thumb:
Results will always vary among users, but using ZFX generally provides benefits other than a near instant cure-time.

-Eliminates the need to use Z-1
-Faster dry time (this is not the same as faster cure time)
-Better initial shine, slickness & hardness
-Makes Z-5 fills swirls more effectively & less initial static
-Applies & buffs out easier.

Also, if you decide to use Z-1 instead of ZFX, you do not need to wait for Z-1 to dry. Just apply Z-1 to your paint and then immediately start applying Z-2 or Z-5.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fellas.

Thanks for all the advice. This makes my purchase much easier.

Looks like I am going with the

Z-18 Clay Bar (though there is much debate over on the roadfly board).

ZFX (I would still like to know the curing time)

Z-2 Polish and the

Z-6 Gloss Enhancer Spray

Maybe I will just stick with the Meguiar's Tire Protectant.

Any advice as to which leather cleaner/protectant?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Zaino Products

Intermezzo said:

Results will always vary among users, but using ZFX generally provides benefits other than a near instant cure-time.

-Eliminates the need to use Z-1
-Faster dry time (this is not the same as faster cure time)
-Better initial shine, slickness & hardness
-Makes Z-5 fills swirls more effectively & less initial static
-Applies & buffs out easier.

Also, if you decide to use Z-1 instead of ZFX, you do not need to wait for Z-1 to dry. Just apply Z-1 to your paint and then immediately start applying Z-2 or Z-5.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know much about ZFX beyond what I read on the web site. You've certainly provided some compelling reasons to go with ZFX.

--gary

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nat Brown, well..... with some of the things listed, we're really starting to split hairs. We're really talking about small differences (perhaps it's just psychological!). I think the main benefit is the near-instant cure time (at least for me) & short dry-time. Other than that, I find that using ZFX causes you to always waste a little bit of Zaino, because you always have a residual amount left in the mixing bottle. But I've solved that problem by mixing and applying Z-5 with ZFX in an oral syringe I got from Petco! :)

Schnitzer, Zaino mixed with ZFX will allow you to layer another coat of Zaino within 30 minutes of each other. So I guess technically it's a 30 minute cure time. As for dry time, you can start buffing 10-15 minutes after you've finished applying it to your car.....however, a lot of that will depend on the environment in which you are working (eg. warm, cold, humid, dry...etc).

·
Registered
155 Posts
I recommend adding Z7 to your list. It adds to the slickness and smells great. Best car soap I have used.
I believe it contains certain amount of Zaino polish in it that's why it works so well with Zaino'ed surface.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts