Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

The oil tranmission (with a new seal and plastic pan) on my 760 e66 has been done at 160000km and now 190000km i've a leak.

So i need to make a new oil change transmission. As you know on this serie 7, the pan is in plastic.
With the heat, the plastic pan crack or deforms, that why my transmission leak.

But, the ZF 6hp26 is in place in other model (jaguar, land rover...).
Instead of buying OEM plastic pan, can i buy this metal pan from land rover :

http://www.pieces-range-rover.com/fr/boite-automatique/43198-kit-de-conversion-crepine-de-boite-automatique-zf6hp26-da2142.html

After you, it's compatible with the serie 7 e65? It's the same transmission the 6hp26

Thank in advance :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi everybody,

The oil tranmission (with a new seal and plastic pan) on my 760 e66 has been done at 160000km and now 190000km i've a leak.

So i need to make a new oil change transmission. As you know on this serie 7, the pan is in plastic.

With the heat, the plastic pan crack or deforms, that why my transmission leak.

But, the ZF 6hp26 is in place in other model (jaguar, land rover...).

Instead of buying OEM plastic pan, can i buy this metal pan from land rover :

http://www.pieces-range-rover.com/fr/boite-automatique/43198-kit-de-conversion-crepine-de-boite-automatique-zf6hp26-da2142.html

After you, it's compatible with the serie 7 e65? It's the same transmission the 6hp26

Thank in advance :)

I installed the only from X5 2004-2006 with n62

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

It's working properly? The metal pan piece of the X5 e53 can be put in place on the serie 7? No specific difficulties?
Do you have a link where i can find these pieces of x5?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The eBay sellers said the metal pan is not the same. So I would not take the chance.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The difference on the landrovers pan is that the original pan same as ours is to tall to come out between the engine and crossmember so it has to be broke out but the newer metal design pan is shallower to allow it to slide back in so it holds I think 2 litre s of oil less which makes it a bit tricky to fill it the proper way

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi,

It's working properly? The metal pan piece of the X5 e53 can be put in place on the serie 7? No specific difficulties?
Do you have a link where i can find these pieces of x5?

Yes no issues at all, you need a pan and a gasket.
E53 face lifted with N62b44 or b48 engine

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
984 Posts
You might want to be careful with that E53 pan.
there is a consequence to it being shorter. It holds 1L less when properly filled. I've read that you should check fluid level through hole in pan (not the drain plug). If you use normal technique of filling until side ports runs out, this is 1L too full. go to thectsc.com and read for yourself

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi
Thanks for thé information. It'strange. Same gearbox between e65 and tjthis x5 with n62 but not th sSame quantity of fluid ?

I Will post my question when i will do tthé job. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe Motronic has some more information. It's mandatory to fill in through the fill plug on the pan or on the side of the gearbox like the Official process ?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Maybe Motronic has some more information. It's mandatory to fill in through the fill plug on the pan or on the side of the gearbox like the Official process ?

There is only one way to fill the tranny- on the passenger side fill in hole.
Make sure you finish filling it in, with running engine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You might want to be careful with that E53 pan.
there is a consequence to it being shorter. It holds 1L less when properly filled. I've read that you should check fluid level through hole in pan (not the drain plug). If you use normal technique of filling until side ports runs out, this is 1L too full. go to thectsc.com and read for yourself

There is no way to check the level through pan hole. Do you have any real official info??
You might be thinking of 5hp tyranny where you use oil pan to fill and check level.
I installed metal pan 3 times and there is no special instructions, just fill it like with plastic pan.
No magic there;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is no way to check the level through pan hole. Do you have any real official info??
You might be thinking of 5hp tyranny where you use oil pan to fill and check level.
I installed metal pan 3 times and there is no special instructions, just fill it like with plastic pan.
No magic there;)
Thank you for the information, it will be a great help when i will receive the pieces :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hi,

My Oil transmission change has been done by a garage and now the metal pan is installed.

The previous owner had done a horrible job on the oil transmission change (you will see the horrible job on the below picture), that's why i change the pan :

Before wih the old plastic pan :

New metal pan :

All the transmission has been flush included the torque convertissor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts