BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, Max at oembimmerparts.com delivers! Ordered these mid day Wednesday, showed up just now. FAST! Pricing was amazing, and these bad boys are NICE! I went with the Lemforder ZHP arms in lieu of the "genuine BMW" ones because the Lemforders are the exact same and 1/2 the price.

All metal outer ball joint is STIFF! Much more so than the Meyle. Also, this arm looks to be thicker in some key areas. I will be doing a side by side of some meyle I have lying around later (I actually have to go to my "real" job today). But by dark tonight I will have these installed on the ZHP along with a new aluminum chassis brace (mine is all jacked from road debris) and control arm bushings (lemforder as well).

I am excited!

Thanks Max!

Attachments

· I'm a DlCK! So what?
3,780 Posts
Smolck, what would you recommend for someone who is looking to replace their control arms and bushings as well.

Something similiar to what you've got just non-ZHP spec (Ive got a 2003 325i)?
The Meyle HD kit from www.oembimmerparts.com is a hell of a deal for something more cost-friendly than OEM ZHP control arms.

· Registered
693 Posts
Shad, did Max have to source these for you? Looking at the site I only saw BMW, OEM and Meyle. How much did they run you by the way? I installed Meyle a few months ago, so I'm happy with them. Just didn't know the ZHP arms were an option with Max.

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smolck, what would you recommend for someone who is looking to replace their control arms and bushings as well.

Something similiar to what you've got just non-ZHP spec (Ive got a 2003 325i)?
I say get the ZHP arms anyways. Meyle is cheaper, and better than the OEM non ZHP arms. Having ridden in Meyle equipped cars and ZHP cars I can tell you the ZHP arms feel much more connected.

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shad, did Max have to source these for you? Looking at the site I only saw BMW, OEM and Meyle. How much did they run you by the way? I installed Meyle a few months ago, so I'm happy with them. Just didn't know the ZHP arms were an option with Max.
Max can get any BMW part. I just ask via email.

· I'm a DlCK! So what?
3,780 Posts
Did you have to buy those separately and then have them pressed in, because I'm not seeing that as an option on oembimmerparts? Ive heard good things about these bushings and I'm really considering the purchase.
I bought them separately from www.bimmerworld.com and smolck pressed them in for me. There's a video on YouTube somewhere explaining how he did it.

· Registered
1,931 Posts
You bet, do it!
Are those the Lemforder arms shown on Max's site at $439 incl. bushings? or are they special order?

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Max just added the one's I bought to the site. They are these.......Due to the cost, he also put Febi "ZHP" arms on the site too. Febi is not as good as Lemforder IMO, but they both feature the stiffer ball joints. I have some shocking vids I am about to post, you all won't believe what I found.

http://www.oembimmerparts.com/product_p/31122282121-122zhpoem.htm

· *^^^^^^^^*
1,739 Posts
You bet, do it!
what about 325i Non sport suspension? Same deal across the e46 range? I'd order from his as well

Wait, I thought you did order Lemforder, not Febi...

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what about 325i Non sport suspension? Same deal across the e46 range? I'd order from his as well

Wait, I thought you did order Lemforder, not Febi...
I DID do Lemforder. But if you look on oembimmerparts.com you have the choice of lemforder or febi in the "ZHP" model. And yes, non-sport will fit as well. These will fit ANY E46 (except XI's and M3's) from 99-06. They will just last longer and your car will feel better :thumbup:

Here are some videos of what I found and comparing different arms.

http://youtu.be/gLI1csjcyLk

http://youtu.be/DkApwzquq1k

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.