BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
bmw330pp
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My freakin Alcantara headrest is all balled up and crappy looking. :mad: Looks worse than the steering wheel. :thumbdwn: When I try to shave it, it sort of clogs the fabric shaver because it's kinda greasy from my head. Is anyone having this problem?

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,346 Posts
I have never used the headrest as a headrest. Maybe you should set the headrest so it is away from your head. :dunno:

The alcantara material is washable and you should probably clean your headrest before shaving it. Here you will find the factory instructions for cleaning Alcantara

·
bmw330pp
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LDV330i said:
I have never used the headrest as a headrest. Maybe you should set the headrest so it is away from your head. :dunno:

The alcantara material is washable and you should probably clean your headrest before shaving it. Here you will find the factory instructions for cleaning Alcantara
I'm pretty sure I have read all the alcantara care tips. None seem to work.

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
How about washing it with a mild shampoo? Not your head - I mean the headrest.

Maybe in the future, you should wear a shower cap while driving :p

:dunno:

·
bmw330pp
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
machmeter said:
How about washing it with a mild shampoo? Not your head - I mean the headrest.

Maybe in the future, you should wear a shower cap while driving :p

:dunno:
What do you recomend, suave :confused:

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
Maybe Johnson's Bay Shampoo, or a color-safe shampoo like TiGi Fashionista. Use very little and rinse thoroughly. After it's dry, you can try the shaver, again.

(What a headache - no pun intended - that the Alcantara is so high-maintenance! The regular leather is nearly worry-free, by comparison. Even my freshly-dyed blue hair full of hair products doesn't affect the leather headrest!)

·
bmw330pp
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
machmeter said:
Maybe Johnson's Bay Shampoo, or a color-safe shampoo like TiGi Fashionista. Use very little and rinse thoroughly. After it's dry, you can try the shaver, again.

(What a headache - no pun intended - that the Alcantara is so high-maintenance! The regular leather is nearly worry-free, by comparison. Even my freshly-dyed blue hair full of hair products doesn't affect the leather headrest!)

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
machmeter said:

Yeah, I'm happy my zhp has leather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts