BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 2008, I did Euro Delivery on my E92. Once it arrived stateside, I decided to just hang my zoll plates in my garage, despite PA not requiring a front plate. Fast forward to last night, I picked up a 2012 335is, and although I did not do Euro Delivery on this car, the front bumper was butchered by the MD dealership (my local PA dealer traded for the car). I'm not talking just two tiny holes for the front plate frame, but 4 huge screw holes and then the "start" of two more holes near the center of the bumper. Typically, I would have just gotten body-colored bumper plugs to cover the plate holes, but there are too many to cover and it would look ridiculous.

So, I'm debating whether to use my previous zoll plate, but I would actually prefer nothing on the front bumper.

Do you think it would look foolish to use the plate even though I did not do ED on the car?
And for those of you who use your front zoll plate, how did you attach it--with a euro frame or just double-sided tape like at the Welt?

Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
757 Posts
Go for it. It's your car.

· Scheiße!!!
1,242 Posts
Do it

· resU deretsigeR
6,573 Posts
how did you attach it--with a euro frame or just double-sided tape like at the Welt?

Thanks
Our 2007 X3 was one of the very last Munich delivery cars that had the front plate attached with screws.

I reattached the it with the same screws they put on in Munich. The export plate was still on the car when we turned it in at the end of the lease.

FWIW, I don't use a euro frame here in the UK either. Our number plates are screwed into the bumper on the Z4.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would use the Euro plate. I use a Euro frame on mine. N4S
Is your frame flush with your bumper or do the edges stick out? Our bumpers have a slight curve and I prefer a flush look. I might just use the tape, but I wasn't sure how well it would withstand the elements.

· HerrDoktorProfessor
4,343 Posts
Is your frame flush with your bumper or do the edges stick out? Our bumpers have a slight curve and I prefer a flush look. I might just use the tape, but I wasn't sure how well it would withstand the elements.
Mine has been on for more than a year and it is still tighter than a nun's pooper. Granted the car has not gone through a northern winter yet.

I personally like the way the euro plates look so I kept mine on. I say go for it.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine has been on for more than a year and it is still tighter than a nun's pooper. Granted the car has not gone through a northern winter yet.

I personally like the way the euro plates look so I kept mine on. I say go for it.
LOL!
So you just used that 3M double-sided tape on the front?

· Using SPF 45
3,689 Posts
Yeah, who cares? Only someone with really sharp knowledge might notice the zoll plates expired before your model was built.

· Registered
1,874 Posts
Since I've only ever seen one car other than mine in the whole Eastern half of PA with a temp German licence, I don't think the BMW etiquette patrol wil dock you for it. I won't give you away. Up here in the hills the local motorheads have all manner of fake German plates on their Toyotas and Kias. Most are bordering on obscene.

· Registered
164 Posts
I just did the paperwork for a 2013 535i which I am picking up next week. Ridiculous amount of trees felled. Among the forms was a "No Drill Waiver" which absolved the dealer in case I got a ticket for not having a front plate. What has become of us?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.