BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

code problem

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mawana 
#1 ·
Local mechanic fixed my driver's side front door regulator. He unplugged the air bag Now he cannot reset the code. Therefore the air bag light is "ON" all the time. Does anyone know the code for turning off the air bag light?

#2 ·
There is no code. You have to have the correct tool to reset the light. If he can't do it, he needs to pay for someone who can.

Edit: Your supposed to disconnect the battery to avoid this very same issue. He probably didn't if he doesn't specialize in BMW's and doesn't know any better.

#4 ·
you need to find a new mechanic asap
I'm surprised how MANY times we hear the exact same story ... i.e., mechanic changed window regulator or worked on the seats ... and lo and behold ... the SRS airbag lit.

What kind of mechanics are out there anyway?

- What can cause an SRS airbag light (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) & what tools reset the fault (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) & what happens when mechanics disconnect the airbag before the battery or they connect the battery before disconnecting the airbag in seat and window regulator repairs (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) & where to buy an airbag occupancy sensor bypass unit (1) (2).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.